During this health crisis, I remain committed to providing important mental health and psychological support to Albertans. I am also committed to the health and safety of my clients, my office mates, and myself. To that end, I am offering both online and in person counselling. I am following the guideline of the College of Alberta Psychologists, who recommend that sessions be conducted online when possible, and that in person sessions be conducted when the online approach is not a viable option for the client.
I continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and am following the guidelines set forth by Alberta Health Services. To ensure the safety of all those who enter our office space, my colleagues and I are doing the following:
- We are asking all clients to complete a self-assessment form when they arrive for their appointment to ensure they are symptom free and have not traveled within 14 days.
- We are wiping down hard surfaces regularly (in between all appointments) with industry-grade disinfectant wipes.
- We request that clients arrive as close to their appointment time as possible, rather than sitting in the waiting room. When in the waiting room, we ask that they maintain a distance of 6 feet from anyone else who may be present.
- We have removed magazines from our waiting room.
- We have hand sanitizer available at the reception area and I have hand sanitizer in my therapy room. We ask all clients to please wash their hand or use hand sanitizer upon entering the building.
- My therapy room is now set up so that there is sufficient distance between the client and myself. I have replaced my sofa with chairs that can be easily cleaned.
- I am wiping down all hard surfaces after each session in my therapy room.
Please note: If you prefer not to come in to the office, for ANY reason, I do offer online counselling sessions. While this style of interaction may not feel as personal as an in person session does, it does allow you to connect and to receive face-to-face counselling in a safe manner. I use a platform called Doxy.me, which meets the security standards set forth by my professional association.